Saturday, June 17, 2006

SPAM from GLOBE

rant

I lost my phone last week. I bought a new phone and a new sim card. The sim was from Globe because I have always used globe. But about 2 or 3 days ago, I started noticing spam entering my phone. I didn't know the reason I was getting spam because I never subscribed to any service and I've only had my phone for several days.

And the spam is insidious, it just pops up, no message alert warns you that it has arrived, you just notice your screen lighting up and you think that you just did not hear the message alert sound so you read the message and IT'S SPAM. In one 40 minute period, I got 16 spam messages. And you can't unsubscribe to it, when you press ok, the only choices given you are 1. to see the next message and 2 get more messages for 2.50 pesos per.

I complained called their customer service center and complained. I was informed that this is a feature of their new sim cards and I have to visit a globe service center so I can have it stopped.

Are they crazy, I did not sign up for this service and now I have to go out of my way just to end it? Well, fortunately, globe has competitors. I do not have to take their crap. I have choices, and if this stupid SPAM does not end by tomorrow. I will go to a smart service center and buy a new sim. I would rather go out of my way to buy another sim just to make the point to globe that they cannot abuse their customers like this without consequences.

end rant

Update: 6/19/2006

I have not received any spam from globe since yesterday afternoon. :)

No comments: