Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Secondhand Lions (Impressions)

Warning: This is not a review

We watched the movie "Secondhand Lions" on HBO last weekend. The movie starred, Michael Caine, Robert Duvall and Haley Joel Osment. It was not a movie that I would normally choose to watch, but there was nothing on and I do like Michael Caine.

Some people, like these from the Rotten Tomatoes, would dismiss this movie as sentimental. But I liked it. I specially liked Robert Duvall's speech on what makes a man. I got the text of the speech here:
"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good. That honour, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing. That good always triumphs over evil. And I want you to remember this... that love... true love never dies! Remember that boy, remember that. Doesn't matter if it is true or not, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in. Got that?"
Got that? Go live your life now. :)

Maybe I'm just a sentimental relatively old fool.

No comments: