Monday, January 16, 2006

Fantasy NBA rant

Last year, I tried playing Fantasy NBA and despite newbie mistakes, I ended up placing third. It helped that about half the players were inactive. In short, I liked it and decided to play again this year. I lucked out when the Yahoo auto draft gave me a good lineup

I was leading the league for the most part (Malabon Magtataho) until one team started giving away all its good players to another team. I am now down to 2nd place and would probably finish there. I don't mind losing, I just can't stand losing like this. Here is the trading history of my league for proof.

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/17334/transactions?filter=trade

It started on December 5 when Dunque Tanque traded his C. Bosh for Philies' Andrew Bogut. Then he traded A. Iguodala for G. Wallace and C. Maggette, which were then injured. After Wallace came back from injury and was playing great basketball, they traded Wallace for Iguodala again. They then traded M. Jaric, also injured at that time for Joe Johnson.

And now, Yahoo has informed me that they have agreed to trade Larry Hughes, also injured for A. Iguodala. I don't know how this person can actually enjoy winning this game if the only way he can win is by cheating.

End rant.

Thanks

No comments: